May 1, 2020
In addition to our standard venue Rules & Regulations already in effect, The Homestead at 3218 has established the following COVID-19 guidelines to ensure as much as possible your safety as well as fun while visiting with us at this men's clothing-optional members-only resort, RV park & campground. You are required to follow these guidelines for your safety as well as those of all members present at the same time. And, oh, yes, please use your good judgment and common sense at all times.
THE HOMESTEAD AT 3218 COVID-19 GUIDELINES
1. If you are sick or think you are coming down with something, stay home. This virus will be with us for a long time. Before you arrive, please self-screen for any of the following signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
b. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
d. Repeated shaking with chills
e. Muscle pain
g. Sore throat
h. Loss of taste or smell
j. Feeling feverish or have a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
k. Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
2. Your temperature will be taken during check-in and possibly on random occasions during your stay. We use a hand-held infrared thermometer. A detected fever may send you home for your own safety and that of others at The Homestead. Your temperature reading(s) will be kept in a log for reference purposes only. Every effort will be made to protect the privacy of your temperature reading(s) at all times.
3. Social distancing of at least six feet (6’) between members is of paramount importance at all times in our public areas including the pool area, RV park and Rec Center. This cannot be stressed strongly enough. The ONLY exception is between “family” members, e.g., roommates, couples or throuples who live together.
4. Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when available.
5. Mask or scarf-wearing is encouraged whenever in a public area.
6. No more than 10 people are permitted in any enclosed single room at the same time while practicing social distancing.
7. While the outdoor pool will be open, for sanitary and health reasons, no food or drink is permitted when in the pool or while sitting along its edge. There are no exceptions.
8. In the pool area, there will be no sharing of floats, towels, suntan lotion and no more than one person is permitted in the hammock or on any pool lounger. The hammock and pool loungers have weight limits as well. Again, the only exception is between “family” members except for the one person per hammock or lounger rule.
9. Pool area loungers will be spaced per social distancing guidelines and CANNOT be moved closer together or relocated elsewhere. You are encouraged to bring your own portable loungers and chairs, if possible, but they cannot be placed closer than six feet (6’) to other outdoor furniture unless occupied by “family” members.
10. The Rec Center front porch chairs and the ash urn/trash can will be relocated and properly distanced in the courtyard. There will be no smoking or congregating on the porch until further notice.
11. It is OK to sit in the rocking chairs on the Pool House front porch but only a single person at a time can sit in one of the gliders unless a “family” member.
12. Only 4 bunk room beds - one in each corner of the open Bunk Room - will be available for booking until further notice.
13. If a food vendor is present, practice social distancing when waiting to place your order and then waiting to pick it up.
14. Place dirty Homestead towels in the pool area and Rec Center towel hampers for frequent washing, especially overnight.
15. Dispose of all trash and garbage into trash cans. Do not leave garbage & trash on furniture, floor or ground at any time.
16. The coffee pot and microwave will not be useable in the Rec Center. Coffee may be available for purchase from any food vendor which may be on the property.
17. The party room and sauna will NOT be open until further notice. The billiards table will be useable if non-players keep their social distance. Cue sticks and billiard balls should be sanitized after each game and/or player change.
18. Day/night passes will be acceptable; new members are welcome but we encourage you to fill out your initial membership application online via our website. You also may pay online if it is a new individual membership. Married couples and membership renewals should pay at check-in.
In addition to being required to follow these COVID-19 (and our existing standard venue) Guidelines, beginning May 15, 2020, each Member will be required to sign the agreement shown below one time and one time only.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration for receiving permission to BE ON PREMISES AT The Homestead at 3218, Crawford, Texas 76638 (hereinafter the “Activity or Activities”), I, on behalf of myself, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the guidelines of the CDC, State of Texas and County of McLennan are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
2. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby willingly choose to participate in Activities.
3. I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my being on the premises and participating in the Activities and hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself) The Homestead at 3218 Canaan Church Rd LLC dba The Homestead at 3218, their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns (the “RELEASEES”) from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result from my being on the premises and participating in the Activities.
4. I shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements, whether of in-house or outside counsel, and whether or not an action is brought, on appeal or otherwise), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury.
5. It is my express intent that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted and controlled according to the laws of the State of Texas. I HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS WAIVER WAS EXPRESSLY NEGOTIATED AND IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT THE PERMISSION GRANTED BY RELEASEES TO BE ON PREMISES AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITIES.
IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
I have signed this Waiver and Agreement on this the _____ day of ________________, 2020.
PRINTED NAME ______________________________________________________________________
This document has legal consequences. If you do not understand it, consult your attorney. The text of this document may not be altered in any manner without written acknowledgement of all parties.