While we are a welcoming venue, we do ask that each member respects all other members while here. All legal activities are permitted. Illegal ones will not be tolerated - period!
In order for your visit to be enjoyable, as safe as possible and without incident, please review the resort's current (but subject to change) Rules & Regulations.
1. All indoor facilities are non-smoking; however, if smoking outdoors, please refrain from letting your smoke bother other members. Dispose of lighted smoking materials, responsibly, especially during officially-designated McLennan County burn bans.
2. We permit one house-trained dog weighing 25 lbs. or less to stay in either one of the first floor Rainey Creek House Suites A or B as long as they're confined to rooms with a hard surface. Pets are not permitted on the resort's interior or exterior furniture. We charge a $100 non-refundable pet deposit per stay. In addition, you're required to sign our "Pet Waiver & Release of Liability" form at check-in. A copy of this form may be requested in advance by contacting us. You're responsible for cleaning up after your pet - inside and outside - and your dog must be kept on a leash at all times while outside (and within a fenced kennel area in the RV park or campgrounds). "Service dogs" are always permitted at the resort free-of-charge. Non-violent breed dogs traveling with campers and RVers are permitted as long as their owners follow the clean-up and leash requirements. No pet is permitted inside the pool area per the McLennan Co. Health Department.
3. There will be a charge to a member's account for any items provided by the resort but discovered after your departure to be missing or damaged to the point of requiring replacement.
4. The resort owners live on the grounds as well as raise cattle on its surrounding acreage. We ask that you respect the land - both inside the resort boundaries and upon the abutting acreage.
5. Do not disturb the peace. The use of personal electronic music/video devices with external speakers such as portable radios, boom boxes, iPads, smart phones, etc. is prohibited. Devices with ear buds or headphones are acceptable.
6. Outdoor and indoor "Quiet Time" is from 11 PM to 8 AM daily (but may be altered during specially-designated Holidays & Special Events).
7. In order to protect the privacy of our members and in compliance with the Video Voyeurism Prevention Act (a 2004 Federal law which provides imprisonment and/or fines for the capture of photographic or video images without the subject's consent), photography is prohibited on resort property without the express permission and knowledge of any and all subjects in the photograph or video. Please respect members' personal space, privacy and personal property which includes never taking identifiable photos or videos of other members or the resort or its facilities without first obtaining permission.
8. Always drive slowly and carefully on resort grounds (5 MPH speed limit) and park only in designated parking areas.
9. You must wear some type of clothing or wrap outside and foot wear (shoes, boots, flip flops, etc.) when walking outside as we are in the country and there may be something under foot against which you want to protect yourself. At a minimum a towel, swim suit, shorts, etc. covering your lower body must be worn between the fenced pool area and the Rec Center, in the Rec center reception room and outdoor areas of the resort.
10. A towel is required to sit on furniture everywhere at the resort if you are wearing a wet bathing suit or are nude. You are encouraged to bring your own personal pool towel.
11. There is a resort-provided two (2) towel limit per 8-hour pass or non-Rainey Creek House overnight stay - one personal size towel and/or beach--size towel - so keep towels clean and dry as possible. Each member will be charged a $5 replacement fee for every towel not returned or returned too soiled and/or stained to be cleaned and reused.
12. Do not litter. Place cigarette butts and paper, plastic, metal trash and garbage in containers provided for this purpose. We do not recycle.
13. No glass containers of any kind are permitted for use anywhere on resort grounds, especially around the pool, except for inside the tavern building and/or each Rainey Creek House suite (where they must remain) and those utilized occasionally by resort staff for serving purposes. Dishware, cookware, drink ware provided in the pool house suites are not to be removed from the suites to other locations on the property. This rule is for everyone's safety and to control inventory for those units! You may be charged additionally for loss of these items. If you share cookware, flatware with other pool house residents, please restore those items back to your unit. Again, missing items may be passed along to you as a loss.
14. The resort is a work-in-progress for your enjoyment so please don't remove, destroy, deface, mar or modify, rearrange any plants, signs, facilities, lighting, furnishings, accessories, etc. If you have a request or need assistance, always ask.
15. Do not leave food garbage outside or intentionally feed the critters occasionally seen on the grounds.
16. Shower each time before entering the pool to remove sunscreen thus providing a cleaner environment for all members' enjoyment. Warm water showers are inside the Rec Center as well as a more convenient but cold water shower mounted on the exterior wall of the Pool House lanai restroom to the left of the steps.
17. If alcohol is served during your resort stay, know your limitations and drink responsibly. You are welcome to bring your own alcoholic beverages (and coolers) until further notice. As a reminder, NO alcohol may be served to nor consumed by members under the legal Texas drinking age of 21 while at the resort. Sorry but no exceptions!
18. Eating, drinking, smoking & wearing sun screen WHILE IN THE POOL is prohibited. You must shower before entering the pool to remove excess oils on your skin. Eating, drinking & smoking is to be done on the pool deck or grassy areas. These measures help us keep the pool water clean and protect the operation of the pool equipment.
19. The use or possession of illegal substances or the concealment or use of firearms while on resort grounds is strictly prohibited and could lead to a member's ejection from the resort and loss of member status.
20. Enjoy the swimming pool at your own risk. There is no lifeguard on duty. Obey the posted pool rules and regulations for the safe use of this amenity.
21. The resort and farm property on which it's located is itself surrounded by neighbors, many of whom have lived on their land for decades and use the area roads or both personal and business travel such as the slow movement of large pieces of farm equipment. So please respect them both on and off our property, especially when driving on area roads including observing the 45 MPH speed limit on Canaan Church Road.
Relax and have fun during your visit to The Homestead at 3218. It was created for your enjoyment. Feedback is welcome as we plan the future development of this resort.